Share
Home » Visit the Park » Discovering the Park » History and Culture

Churches in Venere

In 1550, near the Tower and where the temple to the Goddess Venus used to stand, the current Sanctuary of the Madonna del Buon Consiglio was built and then destroyed by the 1915 earthquake and rebuilt in 1949. Papal bulls of the seventeenth century. they also demonstrate the presence of numerous other churches in Venus: Santa Maria, San Pietro, San Gervasio and San Silvestro as well as one dedicated to San Bartolomeo, of which unfortunately today no trace remains.

Municipality: Pescina (AQ)