Share
Home » Visit the Park » Discovering the Park » History and Culture

San Berardo Church

The remains of the Church of San Berardo are visible in the upper part of the city, whose bell tower is the shepherd of the Fontamara described by Silone in the novel of the same name; this was formerly the former Santa Maria del Popolo or della Porta and the first certain news of its existence comes from the Pope Benedict III's bull of 1181.

Municipality: Pescina (AQ)
San Berardo church
San Berardo church
(photo by: PR Sirente Velino)