Share
Home » Visit the Park » Discovering the Park » History and Culture

S. Maria delle Grazie

Another place of worship of which Pescina is proud is the Cathedral of Santa Maria delle Grazie, the only church in the Marsica to have the title of Concattedrale dei Marsi. Construction work began in the late 1500s and continued until 1800. It was consecrated in 1606 but by 1580 it had already been officially used as the seat of the Diocese of the Marsi, with the papal bull of Pope Gregory XIII. In 1631 the bones of S. Berardo found their destination in the chapel of the left aisle of the new cathedral.

Municipality: Pescina (AQ) | View on Map
S. Maria delle Grazie
S. Maria delle Grazie
(photo by: PR Sirente Velino)